From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer a lot of information through the network using CRIO

Hi, I want to know what is the best way to transfer a lot of information through the network using CRIO?. I have CRIO 9022 and I am using the wizard to work with the controller, I chose the template for real-time and using host computer. In this mode I have been working without problem until I started to share through the network more than fifty variables. Now my comunication fails and I hope you can say me what is the best way to transfer a lot of information without problems, It doesn´t matter if there is a delay in the comunication, I just need that the information don´t lose.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,965 Views)

Hi!!

To transfer data between cRIO and Host, you can use Network Streams or just send a file using FTP communication protocol.  Depending on your application architecture, you can choose either one of the previous options to transfer the data. 

Network Streams was introduced with LabVIEW 2010, and allows you to share data through the network.  The following link has a detailed tutorial about this programming module, as well as basic programming instructions:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12267/en

Network Strems can be used with cRIO and LabVIEW Real-Time!!

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Anuar Rojas

Anuar R.
National Instruments México y Latinoamérica
Ingeniería de Aplicaciones
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,950 Views)