LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tpc 2206 web server

OK, now I figured I would push the web service out to a touch panel.  Unfortunately I can get the touch panel to load the web service.  In max, you can right click on the system but the web configuration is disabled/greyed out....  

I've loaded 2014 RTE, NI web services runtime, system config runtime, and web based config and montioring (essentially any additional installer that appeared to me "web" related.  I didn't get anywhere.

I did dig down into the program files to the shared/ni webser folder and saw the web server files.  Windows task manager shows the NiSystemWebServer service as stopped and I cannot restart it.  

Is there a driver I'm missing, or does the tpc 2206 not support a web service?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,356 Views)

Hi user50,

Are you trying to access the web service from the TPC, or host the web service on your TPC?

Is what you see in MAX on your TPC or on your development PC?

In the installer, there should be a category for "Web Services" which you would need to configure.

Regards,

Tuckman

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,308 Views)

I'm trying to host a web service on the TPC.

MAX on the TPC has web services disabled.

Which installer are you talking about?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,306 Views)

In the Build Specifications, there should be a category for "Web Services"

TPCWebServer.JPG

Andrew T.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,283 Views)

Using the web service configuration in the build dialog, I can get the unsecured web services running, but the ssl fails to run correctly. Unfortunately, all I have to go on is error code 363507 on my pc program which says it cannot verify the authenticity of the server. Sooo, I would like to make sure that ssl is enabled and the port is valid (I've tried 10 other ports without success). Maybe its something with the certificate? Unfortunately the only location I know to create certificates is through the web based configuration which of course will not run.

I can go into windows services and see the ni system webserver is automatic, and it immediately closes once started. The application server is also automatic..... So I'm guessing these only run when my executable is running. I still can't open the web based system config when I'm running my executable.

I have the following on my tpc, and I still cannot open the web-based system configuration on the touch panel.

1. silverlight
2. 2014 lv rte
3. ni lv rte web server
4. max 14.0
5. ni network browser
6. ni system config run time
7. ni we based config and monitoring

Any ideas on how to get the web-based system config working?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,244 Views)

Hi user50,

This definitely sounds like a certificate issue - the client will probably need the server's certificate.

Regards,

Andrew

Andrew T.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,220 Views)

This is painful.  No matter what software is installed or uninstalled then reinstalled I cannot get the web configuration page to load in the ni touch panel 2206.  I cannot configure the application or system web server...... Is it because it's windows embedded.... There must be something obvious I'm missing or this thing is broken.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,177 Views)

user50,

You mentioned that you can get a regular web service to run (that doesn't use SSL). Does this run even without you being able to access/load the Web Configuration page?

Andrew T.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,154 Views)

I have not been able to load the web configuration page at all.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,137 Views)

Are you blocking pop ups?

And just to confirm, you lauch the Web Based Configuration Tool by right clicking the "My System" node in NI-MAX and select "Web Configuration"?

One thing that I have installed on my Touch Panel Computer is the NI LabVIEW 2014 Remote Development Target Support. If you install this, can you access the Web Config tool?

Andrew T.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,118 Views)