From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to add data in excel file

I have an excel file with some cells blank. I want to add data in these cells and save this excel file with a different name.How can I do these by repoer generation toolkit for microsoft office.I am using Labview 2011.

Please give suggestions.

Thank you in advance....................

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,332 Views)

@ssengupta wrote:

I have an excel file with some cells blank. I want to add data in these cells and save this excel file with a different name.How can I do these by repoer generation toolkit for microsoft office.I am using Labview 2011.

Please give suggestions.

Thank you in advance....................

It would be nice to see that you have actually attempted to solve this problem by posting your VI instead of yet another give-me-the-answer post.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,313 Views)

There are two parts to this problem -- How do you find blank cells in an Excel WorkSheet and fill them with predetermined values, and once you know how to do that, how do you implement this using LabVIEW instead of doing it directly in Excel.

Before worrying about the second part (which, while not so difficult, is not something for a LabVIEW "beginner"), think about how to handle the first part, say, in Excel, itself.  Write down an algorithm, taking into account (a) how to determine which cells to test, (b) what test to make (or even if you want to make a test), and (c) how to determine what to put into the cell.

Come back when you've done at least this much (and spell out the algorithm).

BS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,295 Views)