cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timestamp surprise on cRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with timestamp formating on my cRIO.

I saw in MAX that cRIO doesn't support DST, I assume that why I get 1h difference between the time stamp and the string formated value, right?

timestamp on crio.png

What can I do to have the string match the timestamp display?

Cheers

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,266 Views)

What can I do to have the string match the timestamp display?

Nothing very easilly.  Suggestion: work in UTC not local civil time.  Those silly French guys had a good idea when they standardized UTC to be the same everywhere and consistant in progression (A second here or there a couple of times per decade isn't really that much trouble right?)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 14
(3,257 Views)

Hi 

I didn't found your function, but there are also another ones that might be usefull for you, for example you have the:

Capture2.PNG

Or there is another that is more direct. The next image shows you both functions to see if there is one that fits to your project.

Capture1.PNG

If your question is specifically because you need to use that function, can you tell me the name so I can search it in a better way?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,251 Views)

@Luis32 wrote:

Hi 

I didn't found your function, but there are also another ones that might be usefull for you, for example you have the:

If your question is specifically because you need to use that function, can you tell me the name so I can search it in a better way?

Regards.

Try searching "Scan from String".

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,238 Views)

actually the primitive I'm using it "format into string", right next to "scan from string" in the "string" palette.

I've asked if UTC would be ok, apparently when many different integrator have to put their results into one same container they tend to meet on UTC. I'm waiting to hear back on that suggestion.

But really... NI's RT targets won't support DST... last time I came to NI week all I could hear was how green NI was and how much energy I could using LabVIEW and blablabla... but daylight saving time, no!

Go figure the **bleep** out...

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,217 Views)

hey... I didn't type "bleep"...

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,215 Views)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbZhpf3sQxQ

dare I ask what's the list of words that will be bleeped?

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,210 Views)

oh and by the way.. just because life is a joke, I have this issue at a swiss watchmaking customer.. the kind of watch that costs more than a car... how do you want them to take LabVIEW seriously??

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,203 Views)

@Luis32 wrote:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2DA96C2456C7667B86256F90005E3049

Hi TiTou,

As mentioned in the KnowledgeBase you can enable the DST for your cRIO in MAX under Time Settings by checking the “Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time” box.

Let me know if that worked for you.

Cheers

Maha

AE Germany

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,158 Views)