LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timed loop compilation error

Hi All,

I upgraded to 8.5.1

Existing VIs, using timed-loops, boast a broken-arrow (see attachment).

I've tried:

1. Repairing the Installation
2. Mass Compiling
3. Uninstalled Previous Versions of LabVIEW (namely, 8.2.1)

Have y'all seen this before? If so, how did you solve this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,367 Views)
Continued from here.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,337 Views)
Alright.

So, in trying to solve this issue, I navigated to \vi.lib\Platform\TimedLoops (or something like that).

Several of the VIs therein boast broken arrows?

Can someone at NI please shed some light on this?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,325 Views)

Hi Churrasco_Bob,

From what I've seen, some customers have seen this problem before. Wha they did was uninstall and then reinstall their LabVIEW. This would replace the old VI lib. Additionally, can you specify which VIs are broken?

Regards,

Hillary E
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,276 Views)
As you pointed-out, I was forced to uninstall/re-install.

I don't recall specific names of broken VIs.

However, I do recall that a type-def (named something along the lines of "State" - or having the said word as part of the name) was grayed-out; the VIs using this type-def were broken.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,270 Views)

Hai,

Please don't change the font size to small. Even if it's big its not a problem, but if its small it will irritate the users to read and answer,as it was very tough. Hope understand correctly.

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,253 Views)
If you do encounter the same issue, then post again so we can document it for R&D. Glad to hear everything is up and running.
Regards,

Hillary E
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,243 Views)
Hi All,

I have just had the same problem occur.  I am pretty sure that it happened after trying to debug a rt exe running on a compact fieldpoint processor.  A message popped up saying something like the error msg vi that was expected in the program files.... blah blah  on my pc was loaded from blah blah on the compact field point. 

Sorry about the blah blahs but this happened on site during commissioning and I did not get a chance to get too much details on this as I had issues to resolve with the system and the last thing I expected to be doing was fighting Labview to do this!!

Anyways after the messages, my labview environment froze and then crashed. After this happened, my timed loops have the broken library messages.   Real bummer because effectively it means game over when you are on site and don't have CDs.    Will try a repair and hopefully this will work. 

ARGHH!!!!!

It was such a beautiful Friday till this happened.happy smiley
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,216 Views)
Good Luck.

I tried several things, before deciding to uninstall/re-install the whole thing.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,208 Views)
Hi All,

Well, given the amount of uncertaintly arround my likelihood of success using repair (which was my 1st intent b4 reading this thread), and not having the time and inclination to do an uninstall and reinstall, I restored the ProgramFiles\...\Labview8.5 directory from a weekly system backup.  Thankfully this seems to have restored things.

I initially tried to just restore the error.llb file since the General Error Handler Core.vi seemed to be the root of the problem.  Restoring the error.llb did not work.  The initial error that caused the crash that led to the broken library still occurs.

This crash had to do with dropping an error probe when doing a debug of a RT exe.  I have sent through screen shots and a dump log to NI and hopefully I'll get some info.

To me this is a SERIOUS PROBLEM.  I am quite ready to live with the occasional crash that requires a reboot but a crash that corrupts the tool and requires a full uninstall and resintall is just not on.  Installing Labview and all the modules that we use is a 1 day job!

Does anyone know who might pick up the ball on this.  I am happy to provide the project and any info I can.  There are limits to what I can post in terms of code as some stuff is covered by confidentiality but I can supply the code to NI  as required.

The one thing I can say is that backups are a life saver.  The restore took less than 15 minutes.  Heaps better than a day with an install.  Uninstalling takes time too.

Have a good weekend all.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,181 Views)