From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timed data aquisition

Hello

To start with I would like to say I am comparitively new to Lab vew and trying to develop a code for my application.

I am using NI BNC 2110 on a NI PXIE-1062Q  embeded controller. I have been using dspace for a while so kind of getting confused.

The application in simple sense is to send a signal to actuator and to acquire sensed signals. The bigger picture is to generate a raster by actuating two actuators along X and Y directions.

I want is to start the signals from (0,0) position and stop it when it reaches the end of the raster pattern. What i have done is i have calculated the time to generate the raster pattern and feeded it to timed loop.
This is working but i have to run the code every time want to generate the raster pattern.

I want to run it once so that it calculate the parameters and then start and stop the signals (also reset everytime)as per my requirement.

Could you please suggest the modifications or VIs that i can use.  I have tried the case structure. But it only starts the operation i want it to stop automatically .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,058 Views)

Hello Sachindian,

Just try to breakdown your code into states:

-> Reset Everything

-> Calculate the parameters & raster pattern

-> Start signal (generate pattern using hardware)

-> Exit software

Now in your code, you already have all of these states implemented but these will execute in sequence and also there is no way your code can go from current state (say if currently the code is 'Start signal') to some other state (say to 'Reset Everything'). If you got the idea, you may want to implement your code as a simple state machine.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,032 Views)