From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time totalizer \ elapsed time

Solved!
Go to solution

ok, I'm about at my wits end. I'm pretty sure I'm doing this wrong but I can't seem to duplicate this with any results. When I do duplicate it the pause buttons dont seem to work and I would like them to act independently of each other. any ideas? I don't work with labview very often (matter of fact the last time i even fired it off was well over a year ago) and I have a tendancy to forget things if I don't work with it everyday. I'm sure that this is a very simple thing to do but I can't seem to get it. apologies if i'm bothering anyone.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(559 Views)

I don't have LV on this comp, but sounds like you might be getting in to trouble if you try to use a functional global to time several processes? the one instance of the VI would be called for all parallelle processes. look into the difference between reentrant VIs and reentrant clones of VIs, that might help you... (VI properties -> execution).

Best regards,

Jarle Ekanger, MSc, PhD, CLD
Flow Design Bureau AS

- "The resistance of wires in LabVIEW is not dependent on their length."
Message 12 of 13
(553 Views)

"preallocated clone reentrant execution"....... who knew? That has definetly fixed my problem! I have never even thought about that part of the VI property and to be honest didn't know what it meant. I do now though. thank you for the suggestion JarleEkanger. I can now dup this many times and even slow it down a bit to a 1K millisecond iteration delay.

Message 13 of 13
(546 Views)