From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time tdms

Solved!
Go to solution

Where would be the best place to insert this VI in order to have it fulfill this function?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,335 Views)

@Mmoon wrote:

Where would be the best place to insert this VI in order to have it fulfill this function?

Before you start the task.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,334 Views)

I am not receiving this error: Error -200077 occurred at Property Node DAQmx Timing (arg 1) in DAQmx Timing (Implicit).vi:6520001->newtDMS1.0.vi.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,330 Views)

Change the instance of the DAQmx Timing to be Sample Clock.  You can also specify a sample rate there if you want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,324 Views)

Unfortunately I am still having the same issue

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,317 Views)

I am still not able to have my DAQ timing clock run continuously and append that data to my TDMS file. The time is appending to file but only shows time values from 0 to 1 second. any idea what my issue is?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,287 Views)

ramp-time.PNG

By default the Ramp Pattern VI is setting the "end" parameter as 1.  When I set it as 2 as seen in the included image, the TDMS file's time column goes to 2 seconds.  So, that is the part of your code that is causing the time column to only be written to 1 second.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,264 Views)