LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time synchronization for Daq acquisition using different channels from the same device

Solved!
Go to solution

Do I need to worry about time synchronization for Daq acquisition using different channels from the same device? How do Daq acquire data? Do they acquire a chuck of data from one channel then acquire data in another channel? Or they do one data per channel? The input configuration I used is RSE.

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,549 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lisque

Do you have a specific model DAQ device you are using? My experience with some NI multiple function DAQ is each channel acquires data independently (in parallel) and can automatically take care of timing. For example, it you stream the data/waveform to, say TDMS, the timing info is automatically included in the waveform of each channel.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,496 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lisque

If you put all of the channels into a single task, the DAQ takes care of the synchronization for you.  Most DAQs use a mux and do a round of all the channels in a sample period.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,482 Views)

They do take care of timing by itself. I checked with input three 1000Hz squarewaves. Thanks so much for helping.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,451 Views)

Thanks for helping. They do synchronization.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,448 Views)