From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time-frequency sampling info spectrogram

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I work with audio signal from WAV file. I want to calculate spectrogram. I know that I can use TFA STFT Spectrogram VI + TFA Configure Spectrogram Indicator VI and plot it with intensity graph. I´m able to correctly set time on X-axis, but I donť know how to set frequency on Y-axis.
I have read help and I know that problem is with time-frequency input info. I don´t fully understand the meaning of the text. What they want on that input?

I have LabVIEW 2013.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,918 Views)

No one? 😕

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,861 Views)

Hi 5× Tom,

without that special toolkit installed I would start like this:

check.png

What exactly is your problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 6
(2,856 Views)

Hello!

My problem is that I´m able to calculate STFT spectogram with (TFA STFT spectrogram.vi), but I´m not able to correctly set frequency information in my spectogram ( Y-axis). It doesn´t show real values of frequencis in my signal. X-axis with time information is OK. (Check picture)

You mentioned 'Power spectrum.vi', but it calculates only power spectrum. I need intensity graph (color map - like in picture).

But if there is an easier way than with TFA STFT spectrogram.vi please tell me.

problem.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,848 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TomTomTomTomTom

Hi 5×Tom,

you could change the axis scaling using property nodes. The intensity graph offers the same properties as any other graph regarding axis formatting…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 6
(2,842 Views)

Yeah, thats true! I have understood it in bad way. Anyway, I have found 'Spectral Map.vi and Colormap'. It´s awesome! I will use this two blocks 🙂 Thanks for your time!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,834 Views)