cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time-frequency sampling info spectrogram

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I work with audio signal from WAV file. I want to calculate spectrogram. I know that I can use TFA STFT Spectrogram VI + TFA Configure Spectrogram Indicator VI and plot it with intensity graph. I´m able to correctly set time on X-axis, but I donť know how to set frequency on Y-axis.
I have read help and I know that problem is with time-frequency input info. I don´t fully understand the meaning of the text. What they want on that input?

I have LabVIEW 2013.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,923 Views)

No one? 😕

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,866 Views)

Hi 5× Tom,

without that special toolkit installed I would start like this:

check.png

What exactly is your problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 6
(2,861 Views)

Hello!

My problem is that I´m able to calculate STFT spectogram with (TFA STFT spectrogram.vi), but I´m not able to correctly set frequency information in my spectogram ( Y-axis). It doesn´t show real values of frequencis in my signal. X-axis with time information is OK. (Check picture)

You mentioned 'Power spectrum.vi', but it calculates only power spectrum. I need intensity graph (color map - like in picture).

But if there is an easier way than with TFA STFT spectrogram.vi please tell me.

problem.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,853 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TomTomTomTomTom

Hi 5×Tom,

you could change the axis scaling using property nodes. The intensity graph offers the same properties as any other graph regarding axis formatting…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 6
(2,847 Views)

Yeah, thats true! I have understood it in bad way. Anyway, I have found 'Spectral Map.vi and Colormap'. It´s awesome! I will use this two blocks 🙂 Thanks for your time!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,839 Views)