From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time column problem

Hello,

Attached you will find the vi. What I've done is: Within a while loop I have put a case structure which changes state when time of my experiment is elapsed. While the time has not elapsed, I get measurements from two thermocouples(right now i've replaced with two random number generators) using a for loop(6 iterations, every 10 sec), and logging my data to a txt file. I've managed to add headers and then append the data. However, I am currently struggling to add time, for example after the first collection of data, i want the time column to show in the first line 10(sec), second 20 and so on. I've tried with the timing functions but i just get a constant number probably in milliseconds. Can you help me add proper timing reference with respect to built vi?

Thanks very much,

Ioannis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,082 Views)

Hi ionannis,

where's the problem to convert ms to s?

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,069 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thank you for your feedback. I tried it but this is what i get in the time column, which confuses me more although it is close to what I would like to see. Is there some delay I have not taken into consideration?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,062 Views)

Ok, I used another time elapsed vi in the for loop and I connected its elapsed time(s) output to the first element of build array. It actually works but i noticed that the first acquisition is as soon as i press the start button and not after 10 seconds...Emm I'm working on it..any suggestions would be more than welcome.111.PNG

cheers,

Ioannis

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,057 Views)