LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time column problem

Hello,

Attached you will find the vi. What I've done is: Within a while loop I have put a case structure which changes state when time of my experiment is elapsed. While the time has not elapsed, I get measurements from two thermocouples(right now i've replaced with two random number generators) using a for loop(6 iterations, every 10 sec), and logging my data to a txt file. I've managed to add headers and then append the data. However, I am currently struggling to add time, for example after the first collection of data, i want the time column to show in the first line 10(sec), second 20 and so on. I've tried with the timing functions but i just get a constant number probably in milliseconds. Can you help me add proper timing reference with respect to built vi?

Thanks very much,

Ioannis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,085 Views)

Hi ionannis,

where's the problem to convert ms to s?

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,072 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thank you for your feedback. I tried it but this is what i get in the time column, which confuses me more although it is close to what I would like to see. Is there some delay I have not taken into consideration?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,065 Views)

Ok, I used another time elapsed vi in the for loop and I connected its elapsed time(s) output to the first element of build array. It actually works but i noticed that the first acquisition is as soon as i press the start button and not after 10 seconds...Emm I'm working on it..any suggestions would be more than welcome.111.PNG

cheers,

Ioannis

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,060 Views)