LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tif to png

Hi All,

I need to do 2 things: 1) convert a tif (or compressed tif) to png image; 2) read tif to SGL image. Does anyone know how to do these in LabView?

The first thing I am trying to do is simply using the IMAQ create and then IMAQ ReadFile to view the tif image, however I am getting the Hex 0xBFF604A8 error (IMAQ Vision:  (Hex 0xBFF604A8) File access denied) in the IMAQ ReadFile.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,018 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,004 Views)

Hi femtovahan,

I am able to open the .tif files using an IMAQ Read File just fine.  I did a search for the hex error you reported and other forum posts seem to indicate that the error has to do with permissions on the file.  You need to make sure that you have allowed access to the file.

Stephen Meserve
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,974 Views)

Hi, Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the permissions, does not seem there is a problem with that. I am attaching the simple vi with a random tif image. I am using LV 8.5

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,957 Views)

Hi femto,

Your code is trying to open a folder as a tif image.  You should take a second look at your code's execution using Highlight Execution and Probes to make sure that everything is happening the way you think it is. Thanks.

Stephen Meserve
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,953 Views)
I found the problem, never mind, it was in wrong wiring of the paths. Thanks for your time though!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,949 Views)