cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

threshhold

Solved!
Go to solution

In this VI CWT is applied to 1D waveform

I want to reduce the coefficent of CWT scalogram to zero below certain threshold.

Please help me in this regard.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,166 Views)
What about your current vi is not working as you like? What have you tried? What kind of threshold? Signal level? Time? Something else?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,125 Views)

Hi mike

The VI is working properly. Using this VI CWT of 1D waveform data is carried out. You can see in block dram first CWT is applied to waveform data.  Then absolute and square of Coefficent is carried out. This will produce 2D map of CWT coefficent as shown in Fig. below. Final CWT coefficent have positive value. I want to apply thresolding to CWT coefficent. Let us say 4.9 and reduce CWT coefficent to zero below 4.9 value of CWT coefficent. The data file 'x.xlsx' is attached herewith.

scalogram.PNG

1.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,096 Views)

Are you asking "How do I return X if X>4.9, and 0 otherwise"?  [Actually, I cannot believe that's the question -- it is too trivial to expect someone writing LabVIEW code doesn't know about the Comparison functions, a Case Structure, and/or the Select function ...].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,083 Views)

Hi Bob Schor

Yes I am asking for same thing.

I know how to add condiitonal staement in matlab but not in labview. Please help me in this regard. It will teach me how to add condiitonal statement.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,052 Views)
Solution
Accepted by AT86

Great.  Start here (found by typing "LabVIEW Tutorial" into Google).  Go to Learn LabVIEW Basics.  I recommend you look at the first four topics there, but then you'll find "Execution Structures" ...

I'm assuming you have some familiarity with programming.  You mentioned Matlab -- if this was your first programming language, I would guess you took a course, or read a book, you didn't just open Matlab and start experimenting.  It is surprising how many students pick up LabVIEW and, because it "looks so easy" (and, indeed, NI markets it that way), assume they don't need to learn the basics, such as the concept of Data Flow and how to use the Structures.  But once you put in a little effort (like reading the tutorial), it should become "obvious" ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,029 Views)

Thanks

For your fruitful suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,016 Views)

You are most welcome.  And thank you for putting in the effort to learn how to "do it right".

BS

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,999 Views)