LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

three analog outputs by using NI USB 6211

Hi

I am doing a project and want to generate 3 analog outputs simultaneously. I dont know which hardware should I use to interface LABVIEW with the instrument.

Need suggession..

Thank you..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,615 Views)

Hi khpp,

your USB6211 only supports 2 AO channels as is written in the specs.

You might use the DO or CTR-out channels (with some additional hardware) to "simulate" an additional AO channel.

I dont know which hardware should I use to interface LABVIEW with the instrument.

From what you have told us you should only need an USB cable to connect your PC with the USB6211…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,598 Views)
If you are looking to replace the 6211, click on Products at the top of the page. You have not given nearly enough information for anyone to recommend something specific.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,587 Views)

@khpp wrote:

I am doing a project and want to generate 3 analog outputs simultaneously. I dont know which hardware should I use to interface LABVIEW with the instrument.

At what rates will you need to update the outputs?  How much time is allowed between value changes?  Can you get away with using one DAC and muxing the output with a non-simultaneous output card?  What output voltage and current capabilities do you require?  What form factor do you need?  Is there a budget?  Is there a specific platform in mind?  How will these outputs be used?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,504 Views)