From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

there is no port found on open visa

Solved!
Go to solution

Happy New Year all,

Thank you to your response RavensFan,

I found that the NI-VISA is in 5.1.0 version.

I have one stupid question again,does any NI-VISA version work the same?

The labview version is 2011.

Thank you so much

Please let me know

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,260 Views)

Take a look at this chart.  http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CF4279A34F855AB186257B1F00003B82

It doesn't list 5.1.0 at all.  5.1.1 is the oldest version that is listed that is compatible with LV11.  (So it's not clear whether a version 5.1.0 existed and whether it would have worked with LV 11).

Version 14.0.1 is the most recent version that still works with LV11.

NI-VISA generally works the same between multiple versions.  Most of the updates are to add compatibility with the newer versions of LabVIEW when they come and remove support for older versions.  And I'm sure there are always possibilities of bug fixes and the like going on.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,242 Views)

Heloo RevanFans,

Thankyou for your prompt message,

Yes, I was able to install NI-VISA 5.1.1 and it works with LB2011,

Yet, It did not resolved the corrupted open visa in my labview code.

Problem is the same,

I should mentioned I cleaned all effected lab view and code programs on that PC, and use the orignial that works in other PC.

Would you have any solution to this problem?

Could you please let me know?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,225 Views)
The VISA Configure Serial Port function is installed as part of LabVIEW, not the install of NI-VISA. It appears the function itself is corrupted. With nothing else loaded, create a new VI and drop the function onto the block diagram. If that works without the VI being shown as broken, try to create controls and indicators for it. If that works, there may be something corrupted with the subVI you have. If it's part of an llb, that is something that can easily happen and why an lib should not be used.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,215 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author YBU

I don't have LV 11 installed to look at.  I looked at my LV 12 installation and found it was under C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\Instr\_visa.llb.   The date of that file was 12/19/12.  I don't know if that was the date LabVIEW was installed, or a file date based on the installation of LV 12 SP1 which would have been early 2013.  All the files insided seem to be data 12/19 or 12/20/12.

Check the file date of that same file going down the LV 2011 path.  If it doesn't have a date that makes sense relative to either LV 2011 or 2011 SP1.  (Such as a date more recent than when either of those would've been released)  then probably you corruped your _visa.llb file somehow.

Since Dennis said those are installed with LabVIEW, try repairing you LabVIEW installation, or copy that .llb file from another computer that doesn't show a problem.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,200 Views)

@YBU wrote:

Heloo RevanFans,

Thankyou for your prompt message,

Yes, I was able to install NI-VISA 5.1.1 and it works with LB2011,

Yet, It did not resolved the corrupted open visa in my labview code.

Problem is the same,

I should mentioned I cleaned all effected lab view and code programs on that PC, and use the orignial that works in other PC.

Would you have any solution to this problem?

Could you please let me know?

What do you mean by "cleaned"?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,177 Views)

Thanks to all of  you Dennis and RevansFan,

You were right about the _visa.llb was corrupted.

Thank upi

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,137 Views)