From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

there are a possibility to run some Labview projects or to trigger them from a batch file or if the exist and possibility to control labview or run it from a extern application?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I´m a little new in LabVIEW and I will like ask some questions....

-There are a possibility to run some Labview projects or to trigger them from a batch file or if the exist and possibility to control labview or run it from a extern application?

- A raspberry PI or beaglebone API exists for LabVIEW? 

- Wich Power supply can you recommend for control with LabVIEW? (some chip solution witn 0-30v/ 0-3A DC)

Thanks alot for your advice!

Best regards,

Elena

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,254 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author elena1428

Elena,

i don't know about raspberry, so no comment on this.

For the rest:

- Do you want to create tools for developers? If so, you have to look into VI Server and the VI Project API. If not, please compile your LV application as executable and call that one using a batch file.

- LV doesn't prefer specific power supplies. LV is a programming language. There are many power supply vendors (including NI) who directly provide LV APIs for their power supplies. So essentially the approach is:

1. Pick the power supply which serves your requirements.

2. Check if the power supply has a standard interface for programming (e.g. Ethernet, GPIB or if the power supply is PXI, it already has to provide a programming interface!)

3. Check if LV API (so called "instrument driver") is available for the device. In case of a PXI device, you would look for a device driver (e.g. NI DCPower).

4. Check if LV examples are available (e.g. in the LV Example Finder once you installed the driver).

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,245 Views)

Thanks so much for your fast answer 🙂

Actually I´m  working in a research company, and the only thing they ask me was like  we will try build an new HW test box for testing of devices, so first off all my colleges want know the questions I wrote before...

I will come back when I have more information about this, but your answer was really help.

Elena

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,234 Views)