cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text to bit stream

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello.

I have a problem. I am trying to transmit text 64QAM modulated. And then demodulate it. I am new with LabVIEW. I need help because I cannot find a way to convert the text file string into a bit stream which is what the QAM function of the modulation toolkit asks me for. I am using the write to text function to get the text. 

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(7,257 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jrmonagas

I don't know what data type a "bitstream" is supposed to be, but maybe the following can give you some ideas:

(The blue output is a series of zeros and ones, the green output is a series of T/F booleans.)

Message 2 of 24
(7,245 Views)

Hello.

Thank you very much for the answer.I have a new problem. It is at the other side of the transmissions system. Once I modulate and demodulate the bits and get them just like they were at the beggining, I am trying to show the original text and cannot find a way.

Thank you very much for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(7,222 Views)

Do the inverse operations of what Altenbach showed you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(7,216 Views)

Try this, for example.

(make sure you understand it fully).

( EDIT: Note that this is an old example. In newer LabVIEW versions certain things can be simplified using the concatenating output tunnel)

Message 5 of 24
(7,209 Views)

Dear

Can you please upload your VI file here so that I can study more about your connections?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Phoon Chee Choung

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(6,834 Views)

PhoonCC wrote:

Can you please upload your VI file here so that I can study more about your connections?

This is a 3.5 year old thread, and I don't think I even saved the VI, it's so simple.

Which parts of the code are giving you problems? Try to recerate it, then attach your attempt so we can see what you missed.

(a good exercise! :D).

Message 7 of 24
(6,827 Views)

Hi,

I have just started to just Labview 3 weeks ago and still not familiar with the controls. This is my unfinished VI (the name is wrong, i know) and I am looking for the rest of the components, like the array of the bit and the leds.

Thank you.

Regards,

PhoonCC

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(6,809 Views)

Well, you just need to create the array indicators. Simply place an empty array container and drop the desire element into it (boolen or numeric), then expand the container to show more element. You can also right-click the appropriate wire and do a "create indicator" and you're almost there. 😄

Message 9 of 24
(6,802 Views)

Please go through this document, you may get a clear Idea of working with Array & Cluster.

Message 10 of 24
(6,736 Views)