LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text and music output given live signal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there, I'm not really sure what to call what I'm trying to do, but I'll give a rundown of what I'm aiming for.

I have a live ECG signal that I have programmed to measure heart rate (used a simulated signal in below VI) and I want a pop-up message to display when the heart rate is over 100bpm. My problem is that it executes constantly if its over 100bpm, but I would like it to pop up only once if its over 100bpm. I'm having the same problem with playing music, I would like it to play >100bpm and only stop when the heart rate is <100bpm.

I am a very new labVIEW user and I have tried everything I can to sort this out, but I just cant seem to find an answer. I would really love some help!

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,032 Views)

Look at the VI called Boolean Crossing Pt by Pt.  You can have it trigger when it goes from false to true, true to false, or either direction.

Message 2 of 8
(3,020 Views)

Do you happen to have an example VI at all? I can't find much information online on how to actually use it that makes sense to me. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,010 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vcookie10

Hi vcookie,

when you need an example VI for this function you can create your own one:

- create a new VI

- put BooleanCrossingPtByPt on the BD

- wire a control to its input and an indicator to its output

- put a while loop around with a stop button and a delay of 100ms

- run the VI

Now whenever you switch the boolean input the output indicator will show TRUE just for the switching event: this function works just as the LabVIEW help explains it!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 8
(2,986 Views)

Hey ,Simply you just need to compare measured value with your reference (100bpm).PL have a look at attached snippest image

Message 5 of 8
(2,969 Views)

Hi pizviz,

but I would like it to pop up only once if its over 100bpm

Did you read the task description really carefully?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 8
(2,966 Views)

You can use counter if  counter=1 popup appears else no.You can implement counter using shift register.

Apart from this may be there are other ways too!!!

Message 7 of 8
(2,948 Views)

I'll have a play around with your suggestions. I'm not very good at labVIEW yet so I may still be unsuccessful, but thank you so much for your suggestions! Much appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,933 Views)