From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teststand error states that a vi failed to load in the Labview Run-Time Engine

Yes, I can launch the test panel in MAX and it works just fine, so I know that all the drivers that it needs are on this system,

I just need to figure out how to get teststand to get my labview VI to toggle these lines like it does on my development system.

If I am interpretting this correctly, teststand doesn't like the version of labview that my VI was created in...Is there some way to configure teststand to use this version or do I need to recreate my deployment with whatever version teststand will use?

If the later, how do I determine what version that is?

Thanks again for your help in sorting this issue out...

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(1,657 Views)

In TestStand, Configure->Adapters->LabVIEW.

Select the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine and explicitly pick the one that matches your VI.

Also, which version of TestStand are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(1,651 Views)

Thanks Taki

Here is my Teststand version info:

TestStand Engine Version 2014 (14.0.0.274) 32-bit
Sequence Editor Version 14.0.0274

I tried your suggestion and these are the choices that teststand gives me:

labview versons.jpg

If I select 14.0.1 (2014 SP1), then I get the following error when I run teststand:

14.01runtime error.jpg

If I select 13.0.1 (2013 SP1f5), then I get the following error when I run teststand:

13.01runtime error.jpg

Not sure what to try next...

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(1,645 Views)

Which version of LabVIEW do you use?

I would do a forced recompile of your VI.

In my experience, the LabVIEW development environment does a good job of recompiling and adjusting for minor version differences.

TestStand doesn't do this so even minor version mismatches cause that -17600 error.

EDIT: Also, do you use any packed libraries? That's the other case where I see this issue a lot when a packed library is compiled under a different version of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(1,637 Views)

Hi Taki

I am not sure how the recompile works but I saved a new copy of my VI on my development system and copied

it over to my test system and now it is now toggling the DIO lines from my PXIe-6341 like it should but it is still not

measuring voltages on my PXI-4071 like it does on my development PC.

It is now giviing me the following error:

Error -1074118656 occurred at niDMM Initialize.vi

Is this an indication that some library is not loaded?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(1,630 Views)

I can open the test panels in MAX and toggle relays with the PXIe-6341 and measure DC voltages with the PXI-4071.

But for some reason, my VI can toggle relays with the PXIe-6341 but chokes on a niDMM Initialize before it can measure

DC voltages with the PXI-4071...

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(1,625 Views)

Are both machines using exactly the same version of the DMM driver?

You can force compile by pressing the Control Key and clicking on the run arrow for the VI of interest.

You can also run a Mass compile from the LabVIEW Tools->Advanced Menu.

My guess is that your development machine compiles the VI to work fine in the development environment and that there is a subtle difference in the environment on your target which invalidates the compiled VI.

Message 27 of 29
(1,626 Views)
Is the IVI driver configured? On the original pc, food you export the MAX configuration and then import out on the deployment pc?
Message 28 of 29
(1,617 Views)

Thanks Taki-

I tried your trick of holding the control key down while running the VI on my test system and now all is working.

Thanks Dennis for your patience and guidance

Kudos to both of you

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(1,605 Views)