Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

teststand error states that a vi failed to load in the Labview Run-Time Engine

How do I install the DMM driver?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 29
(1,723 Views)

My bad, in my last post I included the following error which was related to an RCI

connection and not related to the topic...

If I run the Vi on this system it give me the following error:

RCL.vi error.jpg

This is the error message that  I meant to post:

niDMMInitialize error.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(1,715 Views)

Is there a way to change the version of labview in the teststand labview environment?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(1,714 Views)
The same way you installed it on your existing setup. You should have a drivers disk. Otherwise, download it. Check MAX to see what version you are currently using. Check for other hardware drivers you s are using now such as NI-VISA.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(1,711 Views)

Thanks Dennis

I looked at the MAX and I am seeing several versions>>>

ni software.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(1,696 Views)
Your comment does not make much sense. You appear to have one version of NI-DMM, one version of DAQmx, one version of NI-VISA. You also have IVI drivers and these would require the IVI Compliance Package. All of these were something to had to install on your original pc. Did someone else do that for you?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(1,691 Views)

No, when I made the deplyment of my VI, I added all of these to it so that they would load on my test PC.

Then when I deployed it they were all copied over and once they were, I received critical update notifications.

What I am missing is some good instructions on how to set this test PC to run teststand and have it launch labview VIs

with only a Time engine installed...

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(1,689 Views)
First you said that you only had the LabVIEW and TestStand engines installed. Now you are saying that you did a complete install of all other drivers and that MAX on both show the same?
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(1,671 Views)

At first, I only installed the Teststand deployement license and I put the Labview run-time engines on this test PC with a deployment

of my MeasureVoltageread.vi   I did not know what I needed so I added everything that I  could...

When the Test stand would not launch the labview VI, I started to download drivers and updates and that is how I got to where I am today...

No closer to being able to launch my Labview VIs from teststand.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(1,666 Views)
Since you installed the dmm driver, can you launch the test panel in MAX?
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 29
(1,663 Views)