From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temperature to waveform chart urgent homework help!

Solved!
Go to solution

Can I please ask, how do I add blinking. I have an LED light, but when I search for blinking it's impossible to find...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28
(883 Views)

@EngineeringBizi wrote:

... but when I search for blinking it's impossible to find...

You can either turn it on/off in a loop or you can look into the blinking property.

Message 12 of 28
(880 Views)

Untitled.jpg

Above is my block diagram. Firstly, does it look ok? I didn't understand this whole blinking so I left it. I got some help for this from my class mates. In the true/false box the false has a green plot color and that's the only difference.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 28
(871 Views)

Untitled.jpg

Those were the parts that I didn't understand. I understand the history being connected to 0 so that no history is retained every time it restarts i.e. the wavechart is not continuous, right? But why do I have to connect the scale multiplier as you can see. Also what's the benefit of connecting the outouts to DBL, why can I not connect difrectly? Sorry everyone...

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28
(867 Views)

First of all, you should be more careful with representations. The ms delta and the "points to acquire" should be blue (right-click...representation). The x-scale multipler translates between point number and actual time. For example if the loops spins once per 100ms, each update is 0.1 seconds and that what should show on the axis. If you don't set the multiplier, it defaults to 1 (or whatever the last setting was) and the x axis would be labeled as 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 ...

The dice gives you a random value between 0 and 1. Multiplying by 100 gives you a value between 0 and 100, a more typical range, e.g. encountered with temperatures.

The bundle node allows you to graph two plots at the same time. One showing the data and one showing the upper limit. Keep the operator informed!

I assume that the other case is otherwise identical, but contains a green color constant. You need to be aware that you cannot change individual color points. The color will appy to the entire plot. Also, duplicate code should NOT be inside the case structure. The property node belongs after the case structure. The case should only contain the color box (You should even replace the case structure with a select node instead!). It might be better to wire the data to one or the other plot, depending on the condition, while filling the remaining plot with NAN. Now the color seems to change for over-range values.

There is also a race condition, because the current code does not guarantee that the history gets erased before the the first data point is written. Wire the error out of the outer property node to the loop boundary to enforce dataflow.

You should also disable the delta control once the VI starts, because once the program starts it cannot be changed anymore in a way the code is aware of it. The terminal gets read only once.

Message 15 of 28
(860 Views)

1. What is the point of representations? Also, under representations I don't have colour options but all these other short codes of 3 letters that I do not understand, EXT, DBL, CXT, CDB and so on.

2. Yes the case is identical expect a green color constant instead. Yes it applies to the entire plot as intended, thanks.

3. What do you mean by duplicate code? What shouldn't be in the structure?

4. Can you please explain property node as I don't understand, what do you mean after the case structure? Property node?

5. When I was seraching the pallettes I found 'Select <<Comparison>>', it has 3 inputs one green, and the other true and false. It also has one output, I don't understand how I can connect that up to give me two different coloured graph charts when the value is about the limit.

6. I have no idea what you are talking about, sorry, when you talk about the race condition, with the error out of the outer property node, you really have to dumb this down...

7. How do I disable the delta control once the program starts?

Your other points were so helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(851 Views)

Also this last task, how do I do this?

Blink an alarm indicator if the data exceeds a certain value. Use Blinking Property Node

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28
(847 Views)

You are already using property nodes, so this is not any different. Just select the blinking property and wire a true or false to it, depending on the condition.

Message 18 of 28
(841 Views)
I can't find the blinking property anywhere??
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(831 Views)
Altenbach can you help with those other 7 points aswell?
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28
(830 Views)