From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tektronix

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

currently i'm using Tektronixs TDS2000 series osciloscope. i would like to acquire the signal and process it using the labview. the time delay calculation and monitoring is not simulated.

so please suggest me an option or a way to complete my task.

PHANI.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,153 Views)
Under Help, there is Find Instrument Drivers. Usr that and it will install one with examples. The examples would be with the rest - Help> Find Examples. Look under Hardware input and Output.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,128 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried with those examples but was unable to control the time delay block. the waveform is getting distorted and was unable to calculate the signal.

i need a control over the horizantal division of the signal.

so how to obtain the control over the signal during variable timebase input.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,115 Views)
Are you saying the scope doors not respond when you try to set the timebase? What function are you using and what error does the function generate?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,092 Views)

I'm using tektronix TDS2002C oscilloscope connected to my labview. by using the examples i have obtained control over voltage parameters but couldnot gain control over the frequency. the blocks given in the examples are not so helpful in calculating frequency components of the signals. 

So, can u suggest me how to build the VI to calculate the frequency parameters of the signals.

-PHANI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,069 Views)
It is unclear to me what your problem is. Are you unable to set the timebase or are you unable to analyze the signal you acquire.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,052 Views)

ya...... here i'm attaching the block diagram i've done. I have done some minor adjustment to the examples given.

here i want to control the time base and horizantal position of the signal.

If i increase the time base from 0 to 1 the signal is totally out of the range.

i want to change the freq of the signal and calculate the respective reading for data logging.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,041 Views)
Solution
Accepted by tejaphani
Don't set the timebase to 1 second. You do realize that you can enter a smaller number into the control, don't you? Also, the setting should be done outside the loop. Manually adjusting the scope will tell you what setting you want to use. This is just basic scope usage.
Message 8 of 9
(3,024 Views)

Thnaks for ur suggestion. It worked Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,964 Views)