LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tdms open, FALSE to create index file bug?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have LabView 2013 Pro version. I (would) like the new feature to choose not to create index file when opening a new TDMs file for data logging.

However, even if I wire a FALSE constant to the terminal "create index file?", when my application closes the TDMs file after data logging, an index file is created.

I properly write data and close the file in the end...

Is this a bug?

Could you try to reproduce it?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,920 Views)

I tried but it works correctly on my machine. Does the index file already exist? Can you attach your VI to the forum?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,880 Views)

Hello,

Find the VI attached. I hope it is not a problem I did not attach the typedef Ctrls, but they are not relevant in this problem, I guess...

The index files are created only when I stop data logging, and I properly close the TDMS file. So strange...

thanks for help!

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,873 Views)

just to clarify:

"opening a new TDMs file" = creating a new TDMs file. So I always create a totally new TDMs file, and set the "create index file?" terminal input to FALSE, as you see in my VI...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,866 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blokk

Hi Blokk,

According to you description that the index file is created when you stop data logging. If your machine is running the DataFinder(it's a service installed by DIAdem), the DataFinder will begin to index the TDMS file when the TDMS file is closed. So LabVIEW doesn't create the TDMS index file during data logging, but DataFinder indexing service creates the TDMS index file when the data logging process stops.

So if you have the DataFinder running on your machine, please try to disable the indexing service from DataFinder icon in the system tray.

Regards,

Tianbin

Message 5 of 6
(2,841 Views)

Hi! Yes, it was the Datafinder, I paused it, and I do not get index file anymore 🙂

thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,816 Views)