From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tdms files in excel

I have used a NI c-RIO 9075 to log data in a TDMS file. The wirte to a Measurement file was used and all the data saved to a file of my choice. The issue is that when i open the file in excel each data point is saved in a different worksheet and there is so much data that it takes several minutes to open the file. Is there a way around this issue without redoing the tests? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,501 Views)

Save your TDMS file as an Excel file. Report tool kit gives you the ability to open a workbook and get data from one sheet. Take the sheets of data and save each sheet as a seperate excel file.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,482 Views)

adamharden25 wrote:  The issue is that when i open the file in excel each data point is saved in a different worksheet and there is so much data that it takes several minutes to open the file. Is there a way around this issue without redoing the tests? 

That sounds like you wrote the file wrong.  Each wooksheet should be a different Group.  So if you change your group for each sample, you will get a different worksheet for each sample.

Can you post any code and/or a TDMS file for us to look at?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,458 Views)

If you want to automate the TDMS to XLSX conversion I made a tool.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-36555

Of course after this import is done you may want to manipulate the data some more.  It sounds like you aren't satisifed with how TDMS is displayed in Excel and I suspect the root of your problem is with how the TDMS is made, and has nothing to do with Excel.

Post the part of your code doing the logging if you are having issues.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,392 Views)