LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tdms channel name

Hi all,

i am using the wirte to measurments vi to write data into a tdms file. I have problems giving the rows a name see attachment how i could name the channels  in a tdms file using the express vi.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,198 Views)

How do you want the names to be? Like in the image you attached?. Can you show the code to us?

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,173 Views)

You can use “Set Dynamic Data Attributes” VI to set channel name. See the attached picture. I hope it can help you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,157 Views)

You seem to have a basic misunderstanding of what TDMS is. With TDMS there are no rows and columns because it is not a spreadsheet. Now there is a way to open TDMS files in excel that displays data in that way, but it has nothing to do with the underlying data.

With a TDMS you can have a channel group, and within each group you can have one or more channels. In addition to the data, you can also assign attributes or properties to the channels, channel groups, or even the whole file. You can use these attributes to store the metadata that provides context for data you are storing. This might include the operator that ran a test, the serial number of the DUT, the test start and completion times, whatever you want.

If you want to display data in rows and columns you need to use a different approach.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 4 of 5
(3,128 Views)

That first worksheet contains property information.  Data that is written will not show up there it will show up in other workbooks which are the channels and groups you wrote to.  This might help too.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-36555

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,113 Views)