LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tdm writes wrong time

hello,

i use the tdm format to save data.
the data can be saved different times using a boolean control.
If the control is true the data will be saved.
the result should be that the graph contains spaces where the control was false.

the data which will be written is correct shown in vis' waveformgraph. when i read from the tdm file the data is without spaces.the time information is wrong.

where can be the problem???
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,494 Views)
Hi Weber

Can you post a small example-programm?
So it is easier to reconstruct your problem.

regards

Manuel Wielander
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,466 Views)
hello,

in the attachement there is a picture.
in the picture you can see data wich is recorded at two different times.
the correct shown lines are the blue and white. there you can see the time differences.
normaly the data from the first record should end where the blue lines end. the second record should begin where the white one starts.

markus
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,460 Views)
Hi Markus

Do you save also the time information in your tdm file?
If not I suppose you have to do that.
Secondly, when you read your data you have to use the xy graph, because the normal graph always have the same delta x for each sample.

Hope this helps,

Manuel
Message 4 of 5
(2,433 Views)
Another way of saving data with gaps would be to create a new channel group every time you start saving a new block of data. You might want to check the "Write Channel Groups" example for details on how to do that.

Both ways of storing data with gaps (new channel groups / explicit time channels) are supported in the LabVIEW 8 "Write to Measurement File" Express VI. Feel free to sign up for our beta user group in order to have a look at the new feature.

Herbert
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,419 Views)