LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tdc001 thorlabs

I'm unsure what exactly you want to do with the true value, but could you not just set the bWait input of the move function to True? That way execution will wait until the move is completed.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 44
(2,101 Views)

Once the move is completed, I want to stop my vi by sending true to the loop condition.

I believe wiring the bwait function would make the motor wait prior to moving, not wait after it has completed. My understanding of that may be wrong however.

Thanks,

Paige

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 44
(2,098 Views)

The bWait waits until the move the True is wired to has finished. I also avoided using the MoveJog Methods and instead only used MoveAbsoluteEx/MoveRelativeEx. This worked for me anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 44
(2,096 Views)

I guess when I saw that you were using MoveJog I assumed it was a stage that couldn't use the MoveAbsolute function (for instance, this one).

If you can use one of the functions than has a bWait input, then by far the simplest option is to do that.  You only need to get more complex than that if you want to have multiple stages moving at the same time or if you want your program to do other things while it's moving.  

Learning about callback VIs is a good thing to know in general but it may be a bit early in your learning experience to do so.  Just so you know, callback VIs can never return values directly like normal VIs; they can only send some sort of asynchronous message.  Since LabVIEW never knows when or how often they will need to run them, it can't ever treat an "event callback" VI just like a normal subVI.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 44
(2,092 Views)

Okay I see. I am using MoveJog because it allows me to set velocity parameters for the move. I attempted to use move absolute in combination with the SetVelocityParameters, but they did not work in combination together. 

I need something that moves a specified distance in a specified direction with specified velocity parameters. Then once the specified distance has been moved (move completed), I need the vi to stop. 

Sorry, I should have included more information in the original description.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 44
(2,081 Views)

I think I got this to work!

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 44
(2,074 Views)

Thats strange! I can use SetVelParams for setting the values in MoveAbsoluteEx. The problem you're facing now is exactly what drove me from Kinesis back to APT.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 44
(2,073 Views)

Hey!

So i think the relative position method is going to be better for me. What can I do here to assign the direction that the motor goes in? A method with an IChanDir usually allows this, but none of the moving methods except moveJog and MoveVelocity have it.

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 44
(2,025 Views)

Positive values move one way, negative values move the other way...

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 44
(2,018 Views)
I am attempting to control a TDC001 motor to switch directions and move backward a specified different after a specific value is reached by a load cell. 

The motor is failing to switch directions. Do you have any idea why this is happening? I think it has something to do with the way I am setting the velocity parameters for the jog. I have tried multiple different things but cannot fix the directional issue.

Any help would be great.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 44
(1,989 Views)