LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tdc001 thorlabs

I am sorry to revive this thread yet again, as well as going a further step back...
I am running through the manual below and can't even get past step 5...
https://www.thorlabs.com/Software/Motion%20Control/Kinesis/Kinesis-labview.pdf

Upon selecting the assembly "Thorlabs.MotionControl.Control.dll", the Controls window of the .NET selector says "An error occured trying to load the assembly."
Any ideas what i might have done wrong. I am using "Thorlabs.MotionControl.Control.dll" version 1.7.0.0, whereas the above manual uses version 0.18.1.0. Surely that can't be the error?
Cheers in advance

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 44
(3,628 Views)

Hey! I'm not exactly sure of the error. I know the software has two different types. You may need the APT download instead of the Kinesis for your motor. 

Let me know if this resolves your issue!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 44
(3,612 Views)

Could be this issue even though the error doesn't match what you say:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/32B0BA28A72AA87D8625782600737DE9

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 44
(3,596 Views)

Yeah it could be that error too. Did you follow the advice as to how to address that error? If you follow the steps and you no longer have your problem, then you're good!

I'm just offering an alternative suggestion as I figured you already attempted to address the error via that link you posted.

Another thing you could try is updating your version of labview.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 44
(3,582 Views)

I have tried the config.exe file as sugegsted by Kyle97330, with no success. I then had another look at the APT software and saw that there is a 32-bit version for 32-bit AND 64-bit windows. So I checked if I installed the right version. Turned out I installed both APT and Kinesis as 64-bit version on Windows 7 64-bit, but with 32-bit LabVIEW. Si in installed the same version as my LabVIEW (32-bit), that then fixed my problem of loading APT into an ActiveX container. The problem loading the .Net application (Kinesis) persists... Are APT and Kinesis any different from another anyway? Or do I have all the motor controlls from the APT alone? Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 44
(3,573 Views)

Hi,

For my vi, I used APT only. I honestly do not know the differences between APT and Kinesis as I have not implemented Kinesis at all. Once you get it working, if you have any specific questions, I might be able to help you a little better!

Good luck!

Paige

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 44
(3,565 Views)

Does anyone have any experience using the "moveCompleted" function of these motors? I want the vi to tell me when the specified move has been fully implemented, then pass the True value. Here is the vi that I am currently working with. 

I think I may be able to fix this with a flat sequence but was curious whether anyone else has tried something like this or not. 

Thanks,

Paige

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 44
(3,529 Views)

Does anyone have any experience using the "moveCompleted" function of these motors? I want the vi to tell me when the specified move has been fully implemented, then pass the True value. Here is the vi that I am currently working with. 

I think I may be able to fix this with a flat sequence but was curious whether anyone else has tried something like this or not. 

Thanks,

Paige

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 44
(3,529 Views)

I've used them before.

For a jogging stage, you can either register for the MoveComplete method or you can run the "LLGetStatusBits" function in a loop and wait until the plStatusBits output indicates that it has stopped.  I think the output bit array might be is different based on the exact controller you're using, so I advise you to check the API manual if you have it.  I used it to control a 2-position flipper, and bit 0 meant it was up, bit 1 down, and neither meant it was moving between the two.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 44
(3,522 Views)

How can I make the register method pass a "true" constant once the move is completed. I am not very familiar with how to utilize variant data types. Can I delete the variant in the callback vi and make it a boolean? Here is an example I am working with.

Thank you very  much for your help. I can tell this is a simple deficiency in my understanding of Labview. 

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 44
(3,510 Views)