LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tcp ip

tcp server and client example vi is working fine on single computer . i want to implement it in two different computers one as a server and one as client, what changes i need to do in listner and tcp open connection configuration. i am using labview 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,916 Views)

In theory, you only need to change the IP address you are connecting to in the client and you shouldn't need to change anything on the server.

In reality if it doesn't work, you may run into firewall/networking issues - if you're on the same network then you may need to configure any firewall software to allow the server to listen for incoming connections on the port you've configured and you may need to allow the client to connect to it.

If you're on different networks (e.g. over the internet) then you'll need to configure your router/gateway to forward the appropriate port to your server.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,897 Views)

thnax for d response. i switched off the firewall of both the computers then i am able to ping in command prompt too. but labview one server and one client is not  working.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,877 Views)
Please provide some details such as any error messages and whether the computers are on the same subnet.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,870 Views)

compuetrs are connected through ethernet cable with each other.  error 63 timeout is coming sometimes.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,862 Views)

Directly connecrted?  No other hardware?  Are you using static IP addresses?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,851 Views)
Yes directly connected
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,841 Views)

So static IP addresses?  What addresses are you using?  What is the subnet mask you are using for both computers?

Are you sure you are using the Server's IP Address when trying to connect with the client?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,834 Views)

subnet mask is - 255.255.0.0 for both pc

1st block of server is tcp listen - port no 6341

timeout 30000 ms

1st block of client is - tcp open connection

the settings for which are-:

address - i have given ip address of pc while running both server and client on same pc

port - 6340

kindly suggest what settings needed to be done for running server and client on different pcs

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,778 Views)