LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tasks

Is there a way to allow an operator to build a task from the application?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,590 Views)

What kind of task are you talking about and what application are you using?

You are not penalized for using the message body to provide some actual details.

Message 2 of 6
(2,578 Views)
In LV 8.6.1 you use MAX to build task so that your program can acquire data and process it. What i'm talking about is when you make an exe. or application using application builder now I want the operator to be able to build a task from the exe. I looked a global virtual channels but it seems that you can only make one channel at a time. This would not work in multi channel DAQ?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,573 Views)

LabVIEW 8.6 has options to store tasks created in LabVIEW into MAX.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,566 Views)
Whether or not you have an exe, as long as you have MAX installed, you can create a task there. If you want a LabVIEW program to be able to create a task, it does not matter whether it is an exe or not. You have to write specific code to define and create tasks. I have little experience with globabl channels but it seems to me that all you would have to do is call DAQmx Save Global Channel for each channel you have defined in a multi-channel task.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,562 Views)
I think I have a solution. install MAX on the machine being used and use the task property nodes to determine how many displays ect to show on the front panel based on the number of channels in the task. The task property nodes seem quite useful for this sort of thing.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,552 Views)