cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I have to read 2 number from an rs232 and everything is working, but what i wanna do is to put the 2 numbers next

to each ohter when i press a button, the numbers appaer in the table the first time the are in the good positio but

than no more:

should be like that:

12      13

28      41

ech time i press the button the numbers should appearon te next line

i made something but is does not work correctly, can someone help me 

to find the solution.

Many thanks in advantage

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 38
(3,506 Views)

1. Get rid of that FOR loop.  It is not doing anything for you.

2. You should create a 1D array of your two numbers and then append that to your table data.

3. I highly recommend keeping your table data in a shift register.  It will make your process A LOT more efficient.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 38
(3,437 Views)

thx a lot its working great !!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 38
(3,414 Views)

@drek1234 wrote:

thx a lot its working great !!!!!!!

I don't see any thanks!  Thanks should be given with Kudos and Marked Solutions.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 38
(3,403 Views)

damn 🙂 still something wrong, the numbers are next to each other but they keeps coming

first it should be like:

when a pusch a button

12  80

then if i pusch the button again the new numbers might appaer:

100  120

and so on

dont be to hard im a beginner 🙂

greeting and thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 38
(3,361 Views)
OK, now you need to learn about "event structures". There are some really good tutorials online.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 38
(3,339 Views)

ok going to read about event structures, mihgt be a good tip

if im trying something and it does not work ill post my block daigram here

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 38
(3,331 Views)

So i tried the event structure, and this is what i made, it works might be not as others do but im new to it.

While running the program an do empty table and import new values the old values after empty table

appaers again ( strange), what i also tried is data operations make current value default but does not work,

can someone help me ?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 38
(3,273 Views)
No, none of that is correct. The event structure should contain the code you want to execute when then button is clicked. You have all of it outside the event.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 38
(3,251 Views)

Your code should look something like this.  Remember that the event structure will keep your loop from iterating until it handles an event.  So you want everything you want to happen when you press that button to be in that event case.  You cant' see it directly in this snippet, but I am also handling the Stop button's value change event and using that to tell the loop to stop.  You alos need to make sure your array is passed through all of your cases or you can lose your table data.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 38
(3,223 Views)