LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table editor

Strange issue.    In a table, when a cell is selected for editing its contents, entire string of that cell are selected,  Pressing any key other than down arrow or right arrow will cause contents to be removed.  Oddly, doesn't happen everytime.   Pressing the escape key will restore contents .  Tried to concatenate right arrow to contents when cell selected to prevent this but was unsuccessful.   Was hoping for any thoughts / idea's?   Thanx much in advance.

j

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,677 Views)
What do you mean that you tried to concatenate right arrow to content?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,632 Views)

\ 4d.

Was hoping editor would recognize ascii hex rep and act on it  same as appending carriage return.   long shot  ).

Ideally, would like to figure out a way to defeat the replace function all together for this table.  The info in the cells are crptic

commands for a device and not easily remembered.  (data added before or after so maybe create 2 more columns but

clutzy solution.)

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,614 Views)

Oh, I think I see. You want the cursor in the cell at the end of what's there - not selecting everything that is there.

In stuations where I had cryptic commands, I have created a cluster containing the data that went into generating the crypic commands and made my user interface an array of those clusters. When I went to save the setups I would run the clusters through a cryptic command generator VI to produce the strings that I actually needed.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,601 Views)

Thankyou Mike - absolutely correct about the curser going to the end.

I have to think about what you said and pound my head against this wall a bit more

One of us is going to crack.

Thanx again 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,594 Views)

You should be able to use the Click-event on the table to use the Select-property and set start and end to +Inf.

I think that'll solve it.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,589 Views)

RE: Head Banging vis a vis walls

Been there done that -- The thing I always have to fight to remember is that the head banging can sometimes take longer than simply biting the bullet and doing what needs to be done. As someone wise one said: "It's sometimes easier to ride a horse in the direction its going".

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,588 Views)

...Or you can wait until our Swedish friend comes up with a really good idea....

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,587 Views)