From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table data does not refresh

Using LV2010.

A table displays the test configuration that has been selected by the user.  This appeared to work fine until recently. 

Nothing in that area of the code has changed .

The issue is that although valid data exists on the wire and it even gets written to file, nothing is displayed in the table.

The operator can click multiple times and nothing is displayed.  Even when running with highlight execution turned ON, the table does not get refreshed.

Unfortunately, each time the operator click the button to insert the configuration, it does.  But it is not displayed.  The same list goes to the table.  You would expect the subsequent attempts would cause all the items to be displayed when it finally does, but no... only the last selection gets displayed.

I've recently taken over the project and did notice that a previously working feature was not working.  That feature was to allow multiple selections to be inserted at once.  I suspect the feature still workes, but the table only displays a single line of data.

I did find a thread that started to discuss a similar behavior with a link to a description of the bug, but that page appears to have dissappeared from the website.  It was discussed in 2005.

Is there a way to force a refresh display on a table?  Another thought... Could it be that the table is displaying data from a portion further down the list which makes it appear as if there is no data?  As I said earlier, this section of code was not touched and it is the only area where the table data is updated and the display refreshed..

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

As can be seen above, the probe does "see" the data on the wire.  The screen capture was taken after the data flow had completed the entire state. The wire itself claims to have a 2D array of 1 X 11 elements.  Normally, this data would be displayed.  I can't think of why it wouldn't be displayed.  If I could, I wouldn't be posting this.. 

I am curious if this is a LV bug...

Message 1 of 9
(2,929 Views)

Check your error wire, if the property node gets fed an Error in, it wont execute.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,921 Views)

Thanks Yamaeda,

I had checked a number of things, including the error cluster.  It was error free.

As it turns out, my solution was to include the Edit Position to the property node and wire the number of rows to it.  It seems to have fixed the problem.

Message 3 of 9
(2,915 Views)

It worked when I had it! 😉

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,906 Views)

Yes... that was strange...

I dunno what happened..

At least the "Edit Position" property fixed it. 

🙂

Must be the "Friday Gremlin"..  LOL!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,897 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

Yes... that was strange...

I dunno what happened..

At least the "Edit Position" property fixed it. 

🙂

Must be the "Friday Gremlin"..  LOL!

Probably should have run the VI Analyzer on that code and cleaned up the p-node hit list by wiring the values to a local varable instead (as recommendedSmiley Wink)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,891 Views)

You know me & locals...  😉

Plus the property node was used for something else.

I fear using the VI Analyzer would... well... euh..  hummm...  how to say this,...

blow up.. 

LOL!! 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,888 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

You know me & locals...  😉

Just jerking your chain.  I'm allowed to on a Friday!Smiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 8 of 9
(2,880 Views)

you scared me for a while..