From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table control

Solved!
Go to solution

Buenos días,

Estoy utilizando un Event Structure para introducir datos en un Table control. En el caso mouse down selecciono la fila en la que quiero empezar a escribir  y borro los datos que pueda haber en esa fila, después voy introduciendo datos en el caso Key down? y convirtiendolos en mayúsculas. Paso de una fila a otra mediante la tecla return.

En problema esta en que si una vez escrita la tabla vuelvo a revisar los datos, la fila seleccionada con el ratón se borra como debe hacer. Al pasar a la siguiente fila con return los datos que habia se quedan seleccionados pero al escribir nuevamente no se borran y me aparecen los datos antiguos más los nuevos.

¿Cómo puedo hacer que se borren los datos al volver a escribir sin tener que suprimir cada uno de los caracteres? 

Un saludo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,264 Views)
Good Morning,

I am using an Event Structure to enter data in a Table control. For mouse down select the row I want to start to write and erase data that may be on that row , then I'm entering data in the case Key down ? and turning them into uppercase. Step one row to another by the return key .

In problem is that if the table written once I return to reviewing the data, selected with the mouse row is deleted as it should do. To move to the next row with return data remain selected had to write again but not erased and me the new old data appear .

How I can make the data deleted by rewriting without having to delete each of the characters ?

a greeting

Apologies for the bad translation above.
Can you please attach a sample of the code that you are having trouble with? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,231 Views)

I need to select all the data in a cell, as in the image B, when the program is in progress and to know that there are select by software.

That’s way, if I know that the cell are select I can delete it  when I write a new value.

Working with String I get it with Property Node – Test – Selection – All Elements.

How can I do it with Table Control?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,198 Views)

Hi nei,

for tables you could use properties that give you the size of the selected range and the start of the selected range (range regarding cells).

For selected cells you can change background colors - using property nodes…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,189 Views)

Thank u for your answer GerdW... I think you are talking about "Background" property  and I would like "Highlight" property.

The difference is cleared in this new image. I put in green the background and highlighted another cell

In the string control works fine (it is the text.selection property, also in the image) but I can't find this property for table control.

Thanks

Sin título.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,149 Views)

Hi nei,

I can't find this property for table control.

I cannot find it either. So I guess tables don't support that feature…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,123 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nei27

Hi,

I get to solve my problem using Listbox.

Here's an example of how you can do it.

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,041 Views)