LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tab control color

Solved!
Go to solution

I posted a similar topic a few weeks ago and I had marked it as solved because I had an individual VI running this block of code that worked. However, once I implemented it into my VI, it stopped working and I have no idea why. What it's supposed to do is cycle back and forth between tab controls and whichever tab control is currently selected will have a different background color. It should change the color of the tab whether it was manually selected or selected by the automatic cycling. I will include the standalone VI, which is working perfectly fine, and the full VI where it is no longer working. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! (P.S. everything else in the full VI works just fine. The only thing not working is the color of the tabs. Everything else in the event structure works just fine. tab colors auto switch is the working VI.)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,012 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jmejiagusmer

Hi jme,

right-click your tab control, go to "advanced", switch on "enable multiple colors"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(2,998 Views)
  • Next time, continue with (or at least give a link to) the previous discussion. No need to start a new thread with the same subject.
  • Do NOT mutiliate one of my carefully constructed VIs (with MODCA in the name) and post the butchered version under the same name. This is disrespecful. If you modify a VI, change the file name.

Just glancing at your "oak room" VI, it seems extremely inefficient with lots of duplicate and questionable code. Do you really need to get the tab pages references in three different places? Once outside the loop is probably enough, just branch the wire.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,981 Views)

@altenbach wrote:
  • Next time, continue with (or at least give a link to) the previous discussion. No need to start a new thread with the same subject.
  • Do NOT mutiliate one of my carefully constructed VIs (with MODCA in the name) and post the butchered version under the same name. This is disrespecful. If you modify a VI, change the file name.

Just glancing at your "oak room" VI, it seems extremely inefficient with lots of duplicate and questionable code. Do you really need to get the tab pages references in three different places? Once outside the loop is probably enough, just branch the wire.

I was thinking of continuing the previous thread, but I thought it wouldn't be such a good idea since I had already marked it as solved. As far as the filename, I apologize. I didn't know that it was disrespectful in any way. Thank you for the suggestions on the code. I am currently working on getting the code to function and then going back to clean it up. Perhaps this isn't the best method, but I am on a tight deadline and this is my first attempt at ever working with labview or any coding for that matter so I am having a bit of trouble with it. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,966 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi jme,

right-click your tab control, go to "advanced", switch on "enable multiple colors"…

Thank you GerdW! Such a simple fix that I overlooked. I had forgotten that I had to do that in the standalone VI. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,964 Views)