LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tab constant in standard report

Hi all, 

I've been using LabVIEW for quite some time now so I'm not exactly a beginner. However, it's only recently that I have started using the Report Generation VIs and I'm not sure about certain functions. I do not want to use the Report Generation Toolkit (RGT) due to cost reasons, however I want to create a report that I can print. I would like to insert a tab constant into a standard report (because I cannot use Word due to the RGT restriction). I'm viewing this report by printing it by CutePDF writer. Unfortunately, the tab does not seem to be visible anywhere in the PDF. Does anyone know why this may be so? I've tried looking it up in NI forums and on the internet in general, but no satisfactory results came up.

I've attached the VI that I am using to test the report generation functions.

Help please!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,156 Views)

Hi racdar92, 

After running the code on my own, the tab seems to work. "Hello World" and "Goodbye Word" seem to be separated because of the tab constant. Can you clarify what you mean by the tab constant is not visible? Is there no space between phrases in the document you generate? Or is the report only looking strange when you print it to the CutePDF Writer?

I did have to delete the Append Image to Report function from my code because it was giving me an error. Maybe that function is formatting your document in a strange way? 

I hope this helps!

Rachel M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,103 Views)

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated! I have tried removing the picture and now it seems to be working just fine! Previously, no matter how many tabs I was putting in, nothing worked and I saw no tabs after the report was printed by CutePDF.

Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,091 Views)