LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system exec.vi doesn't work anymore after building the application as .exe

Hi Vincent,

I'm not  100% clear on what your're trying to do that's failing- create the manifest? Embed it in the exe after building? Checking the manifest via LabVIEW? What do you expect to see, and what documents are you referencing?

If you could provide some context on what you're attempting to do and/or what tutorials you're following it's possible we can identify the problem or at least some next steps.

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(725 Views)

You're right indeed. I didn't explain my thought.

I followed this tuto ; http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E06C1800F5AFCCBF86257236006C9F2A#Editing_Manifests

As my english is bad i might missunderstood smth. But it looks like, after the cmd i wrote in the previous post, my app's manifest file should appears...

What i am trying to do is to create the manifest file in order to modify it to get the highest access privileges possible for my app.

I didn't change anything yet on my LabVIEW project. But I am going to link my manifest file (that i hope create one day...) to my LabVIEW project checking the embed manifest file box in the Windows Security menu. This is what your previous answer lead me to do.

BR

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(717 Views)

Hello Vincent,

Thanks, that does make more sense.

That printout in the command line looks like what you should be seeing, and at that point there should be a new .manifest file created in the directory you specify with the -out argument.  It looks like you may need to specify the entire file path for the file to be created, not just the name of the manifest itself.

For example, this generates a manifest in the same directory as the exe when I run it (after navigating to the location of mt.exe):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\bin\x86>mt.exe -inputresource:"C:\...\manifTest.exe" -out:"C:\...\manifTest.manifest"

Where "..." is the local path to my executable. The manifest generated appears to be valid XML.

Note that the quotes are required if you have any spaces in your file path.

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(710 Views)

Hi Tom,

Endeed, I had to specify the entire file path for the manifest to be created. However CAUTION !!! I have "mt.exe : general error c10100b1 : Failed to load file" if my file path is too important. It might help another people !

A solution leading to another problem... With no modifications of manifest file, when i run the "validating operation" i got this error ;

mt.exe : general error c1010075 : Parsing of manifest MyApp.manifest failed. La valeur d'un attribut d'une identité n'est pas comprise dans la plage autorisée.

Do you have the same kind of behaviour on your manifest test file ? After execution level modification i got the same message...

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(695 Views)

Hello Vincent,

Yes, in fact- when I run validate_manifest without modifying the manifest I receive:

"general error c10100b7: Attribute "processorArchitecture" is wildcarded in the definition identitiy"

I don't believe this is the same error, but I'm running Win 7 English and I'm not sure about your OS or the version of the MS tools you're using, they may be different.  I wasn't able to find any information on manifest error "c1010075" using a general internet search, but I was able to resolve the above error (c10100b7) by replacing the processorArchitecture wildcard with the string "x86". After that change the manifest is successfully validated.

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(682 Views)