From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system exec.vi Does NOT work with redirection

I am writing a VI which is launching  a PERL script through CMD using the LabVIEW system exec.vi block.  I am trying to redirect the standard output to a text file. Based on the link below, I am told that this is impossible. I am wondering if anyone has figured out a way around this without using a batch file or something like that.  I want to use the redirection with the system exec block , and not have to add any extra steps.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/B93C9ECA6C958202862567FB004C0A9D?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,721 Views)

That link doesn't say it is impossible.

It says you have to have it within a batch file and call the batch file to make it work.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,661 Views)

What I mean is that it is impossible to directly do so, in my application, using the batch file is probably unacceptable. I need to be able to directly use cmd without that batch file trick.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,659 Views)

@an123 wrote:

What I mean is that it is impossible to directly do so, in my application, using the batch file is probably unacceptable. I need to be able to directly use cmd without that batch file trick.

Just for pure curiosity: what is the reason you exclude using a batch file? You can easily create a temporary batch file using LabVIEW, run it, then delete the file...

Message 4 of 4
(2,572 Views)