LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system exception code 0xc0000005 after upgrading to LabVIEW 8.2

Hi Kevin,

After looking at the code again, I realized that you have a while loop around the lower priority timed loop, but the timed loop only executes once for each iteration of the while loop.  By wiring a true constant to the conditional terminal, the timed loop is forced to execute once for each iteration of the while loop.  If you replace the true constant with a control, I believe you will get the behavior you are currently getting with your set-up, but the program is able to successfully deploy and run.  What is the reason for the while loop around the timed loop?  You may have a reason for that while loop that I am over looking.

I hope to hear from you soon!!  Best of luck on your application, and have a great day!!

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(897 Views)
Ching,

In our application the inner loop will normally execute more than just once, however when it is stopped is when the exception and reboot was occurring.  The code that I had posted was just an attempt at providing a simple example of the crash.

Thanks,
Kevin C.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(895 Views)
Hi Kevin,

I guess I'm still a bit confused as to why you have a while loop around the lower priority timed loop.  Can you please explain this in more detail?  Why do you have a while loop around a timed loop?  The reason I ask is because the crash did not occur when I removed the while loop.  I hope to hear from you soon!!  Have a great weekend!!

Regards,
Ching P.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(885 Views)

Hi Ching,

In one of our applications, the outer while loop is used for listening and accepting a TCP/IP connection, while the inner timed loop processes data on that connection at a given rate.  Once the connection is closed, control returns to the outer while loop which will continue to listen for another connection

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(877 Views)
Hi Kevin,

One thing that I noticed as well is that there is no wait in your while loop.  If you place a wait of 50 ms, this may resolve the issue.  One thing that is happening without the wait is that the processor is being utilized only to run that while loop as fast as it can, and this may lead to errors.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Regards,
Ching P.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(868 Views)