LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system configuration API has error 1097 and freezes

Solved!
Go to solution

I have successfully been using the system configuration API to detect and read back information about a PXI chassis.

But now, when I attempt to initialize and read back any information using a simple VI, the system returns error 1097 and freezes before the VI completes.  Pressing the stop button does not work and I have to either soft or hard reboot the machine.

I've attached a screenshot of it in a frozen state and error, as well a report of what's installed on my system.  

The only thing I can think of that has changed since this last worked was upgrading my MAX and other drivers from 5.5 to 14.0 and then the latest version as of today.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,961 Views)
What the error message say error 1097 mean?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,950 Views)

I don't really know what it means, but just from reading the screen shot image I posted with the probe, it says, "Error 1097 occurred at Call Library Function Node in syscfg.lvlib:Find Systems:1 -> sysconfig.vi."

I should mention that I also got the same error when I called an "Initialize Session" vi, then a property node, then closed it.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,933 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gregoryng

That is generally the generic error meaning some external code access has violated the system integrity and memory is likely to have been corrupted in the process. Since this is a NI system API AND it seems to have worked before, I would guess it's not a poorly disigned Call Library Node but some form of corruption in the external code library itself that implements the System Configuration API.

Reinstallation may solve the issue. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,911 Views)

Hi Rolf, thanks for the suggestion. That looks like it fixed it.

I'm surprised that this would be a problem since this is a relatively fresh installation on new hardware (within a few months).  I did do a partition resize in between then, only shrinking the partition a little bit.  

I went into NI MAX and reinstalled sysconfig API as well as the underlying Labview 2011 RT operating system.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,901 Views)