LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronize devices express vi niFgen and niScope

Good morning,

I am currently struggling with a small programm that should send a burst (this VI has been created and checked) to a transducer and the signal should be acquired then by a sensor that is linked to the digitizer. I am thus using an AWG slot, a digitizer slot (PXI 5122) and also the amplifier slot. 

In order to have in the end a program as simple and compact as possible, I have used the express VI niFgen and niScope for the devices I am using.

The problem concerns I think the synchronization of the devices regardeing the trigger. How to proceed with those express VI ? I have looked for answers and I have not found anything.

Is there any possibility with those express VI to do it or do I have to proceed  the "long" way with the normal niFgen VI and niScope successions?

I thought it would be a problem of clocks, but I must admit I can't figure out which clock to use between all the one that are suggested to me (reference clock, sample clock, internal, external, TClk, onboard clock, PXI clock, RSTI...).

What should I do ?

Thank you in advance,

Alexlelion

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,733 Views)

Configure the AWG to send a trigger (I did it by using a marker) on a trigger line.  Use the same triggerline for the scopecard as a digital trigger.  Set both cards to use the 10MHz PXI clock.

after configuration of the cards do a TClck-sync (see examples for FGen, Scope and TClck)

Don't know if you can use the express vi's for this..... never used them... the examples will show you how to use the advanced vi's to get the task done.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,718 Views)

Thanks for your answer.

I have tried new things based on your ideas, but i didn't quite understand what you meant by marker (for the trigger)..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,579 Views)