LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync encoder and load cell

I am building a load frame using a load cell and quadrature encoder. The encoder is reading the displacement of a .5" pitch lead screw. I am able to create a xy graph showing displacement and force applied to the load cell. I would like to use the encoder as the clock or count the pulse from the encoder and gather the data from the load cell at a predetermined position (i.e.. .1" of travel). Is there a way of taking the elements from an array at certain increments or would it be better to take the data after the encoder has sent a certain number of pulses.

I have attached the vi for clarification.

Equipment:

Labview 8.6

quadrature encoder 2500 ppr

PCI 6251

SC-2345

load cell Trancell BSA-200 connected to a SCC-SG24

Thanks in advance for any help or direction.

Henry G

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,323 Views)

If the hardware supports it, I would clock the A/D conversions using the pulses from the encoder.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,321 Views)

Thanks Ben, I am fairly new to NI. Could you elaborate or point me to an example?

Thanks Henry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,309 Views)

Help Find Example...

Browse >>> Hardware Input and Output >>> DAQmx >>>Analog Measurements >>> Voltage >>> Acq&Graph Voltage -Ext Clk.vi

Looks like it may be a good starting point.

I encourage yo uto browse those examples for one that meets your needs.

I think there is one in that pile that shows how to sync to the digital I/O as well.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,300 Views)