LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sychronisation of visa and DAQmx

Hello to all

I am new to this forum so please help if I am posting in wrong forum. I thought this one is suitable.So the problem is I am acquiring data using a Tinius -Olsen Uniaxial machine ( which is the VISTA part )  in the program and I have USB camera to record the marker postion on the sample. Now I have another force trasnducer ( I am using DAQMx for that) which I cannot synchronize with the VISTA and the camera. So I am missing some data . I am enlcosing the porgram.I will be happy to clarify if I have missed anything.

Please help me.

Shamik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,116 Views)

How synchronous do you need it to be and do you have any sort of trigger output that can be used to start the DAQmx read? As you programmed it, you do not start the DAQmx Read until after the VISA Write and VISA Read both complete. Putting the DAQmx Read inside the same case statement as your VISA Write might improve things if you have no hardware synchronization.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,113 Views)

Can you please elaborate a little, I am very rookie at this. Anothe rthing is I only added the DAqMx part into this program which was not written by me. The thing is when I start the program, the data from DaqMx is not recorded at that very instant. It  only records some data at the end.And I do not have any HArdware trigger. Whatever I have to do inside the program. I just want as I start the program, the data from DaqMax gets recorded in the spreadsheet like other data and as I stop the program the the recording stops.

Hoping to hear from you.

Shamik

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,105 Views)

Here is the new thing I tried. But no progress.

Any help ,please.

S

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,079 Views)

@shamik wrote:

Here is the new thing I tried. But no progress.

Any help ,please.

S

Please answer the question Dennis asked regarding "how syncronous" or in other words, "How closely in time" do the mesurement and other stuff have to be?

The answer to that question will help us guide to HOW to do it.... IF POSSIBLE.

"If Possible" can only be determined if we know what the requirements are. If the timing requirments are very tight, then you have to have an appropriate set of hardware that is capable of sharing or using triggers.

In addition, posting images of your code will let people that do not have the same version of LV as you, see your code. Case in point; This mahince only has LV 7.1.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,076 Views)

That acquires as soon as the program starts, runs independently of everything else, and then you strip all of the timing information away. As Ben said, please answer what you are trying to be synchronous to and how closely do you need it to be.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,072 Views)

Hello Ben

I need the data from DaqMx ,in the same speed with the camera.I hope this helps.Its a big program . So pic was not good.

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,068 Views)

So what is that supposed to mean? You want to capture at the same frame rate as the camera?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,066 Views)

yes the same frame rate as the camera.

S

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,063 Views)

Then set the sample rate accordingly. I have no idea what your camera is and I don't have IMAQ.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,057 Views)