From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch out cell

sorry did my best to write it but im brand new to it, i think for guy's like you its simple to write it on another way

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,245 Views)

Quick hint:

Not sure why you go to all the trouble to create the seven segment displays from discrete leds when you could just display the number in a numeric indicator, but if you are really desperate to have the 'retro' seven-segment look, just download a font such as digital-7

Set a numeric to display that font, change the size and colours, and bingo! You have got rid of about three square meters of unnecessary complexity 🙂

seven-seg.JPG

Also, whether you code in text or in LabVIEW:

- Keep your code tidy!

- Keep it in small chunks (in LabVIEW use sub-vis)

- If you write the same bit of code more than once, you probably need a sub[vi|routine]

I know this doesn't answer your original question, but if you tidy your code up and make it readable then you stand more chance of someone helping you debug it.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,221 Views)

ok thx a lot

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,208 Views)

i did my best to make it more readable 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,161 Views)

what is the best way to parse data to a table ?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,131 Views)

Hi there,

I am from the Applications Engineering department at National Instruments UK. You seem to have an interesting application for your program. 

GerdW has given you some really useful tips into ways in which you can improve you code. I would recommend going back to basics and draw up a flow/state diagram of exactly how you want your program to behave and look into different architectures and structures you can use. A previously mentioned, event structures are great for managing changes in the user interface without constantly polling for changes.

Concerning parsing data to a table, there are various methods that can be used dependent on the type of data and required conditions. You can make use of the auto indexing node and a FOR loop to put data into elements of an array. 

If you could give me some more information on the type of data you are wanting to write to an array I will try come up with an example for you.

Regards,

Joshua Young

Applications Engineer

National Instruments UK

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,080 Views)

thav veru much, , the data are just value's of a balance, the dat type i receive is like 250, 300,800 ... tha balance has an rs232 connextion

that'swhere the data come from, what we do first is measuring rhe weight of each sieve empty. In the experiment we can use max 12 sieves but

its also possible we use 5. Thats why i put tose switches on the frontpanel so you can check wich sieves are in use.

So in 1 colum the weight of every sieve appaeas the ones not in use are 0 weight.

Now we take some powder and shake the sieves on every used sieve is now powder.

We put them (the colum of sieves) on the balance, because we know the empty weight of every sieve and the total weigtht of the used empty

sieves and now the weight of the sieves with powder on it. We can take sieve by sieve of the balance we can calculate in the table

how many weight powder there is on every sieve.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,067 Views)