LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subpanel using a non-dynamic call?

Is this possible? I have attached a picture of what I am trying to do. I basically make the sub panel show the VI, then I call it directly after. At run time the sub panel shows the VI, however the controls on the VI's front panel do not respond to interaction (actually hangs the whole program (subpanel and main).

The reason I am trying to do this is I have a launch VI that is already built. This launch vi looks for llb's to execute. This subpanel is part of a new LLB I am trying to release and I don't believe you can have any dynamic calls without rebuilding the launcher and adding them to the dynamic VI's.

My other alternative is to make these tests popup to the user, but that is less attractive.

Help me if you can.
Thanks
Mark
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,283 Views)
You can't place a VI in a subpanel not-dynamically and you don't need to rebuild the launcher. You just need to make sure the VI is compiled. If it is, it will run fine. Have a look at this, for example.
You may have some sort of race condition which causes your VI to freeze. Make sure you have Wait until done set properly. If that doesn't help, post your code.

(2,273 Views)
I think what you are saying is that the way I have showed in my picture will not work and that it has to be called dynaminically. The 'can't' and 'not' in the first sentence made it confusing.

This is where I had originally started and ran into errors and was trying to find a work around. I reverted back to calling it dynamically and for some strange reason it is currently working. Oh well it works, I just need a build procedure that can do it again. Thank you for the link, I had read it previously but still good info in there.

Thanks for your help.
Mark
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,265 Views)