cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sub vi ..read vi inside while loop

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

I am new to Labview .. My main Vi keeps reading data from serial port and parces(into words) into an array (all in a while loop) ...

The array is also inside while loop ....Now I further want to parse this array(element by elemnt) and create another VI that takes this running array as input ..so the new VI should simply have this array input ....but the problem is that i cannot see the running data in new vi ...any suggestions ..?? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,280 Views)

pass the info to the sub.vi as a reference or variable

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,276 Views)

Thanks Apok..

I am not sure hoiw reference works here as when I create refernce of array in main vi(24sep...vi) ..it still does not output any stuff in next VI (which calls ) ...Attached are both my files ...and I simply want my main VI as with output terminal as array2 ...

Thanks a lot

ebuckbuck

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,253 Views)

Thanks Apok..

I am not sure hoiw reference works here as when I create refernce of array in main vi(24sep...vi) ..it still does not output any stuff in next VI (which calls ) ...Attached are both my files ...and I simply want my main VI as with output terminal as array2 ...

Thanks a lot

ebuckbuck

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,251 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ebuckbuck

@ebuckbuck wrote:

Thanks Apok..

Thanks a lot

ebuckbuck

in this example we want to pass a numerical indicator(main.vi) to the second loop(sub.vi)....

Example_VI.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,242 Views)

Apok ..you are awsome !!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,230 Views)