LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strip chart problem

I have strange problem with LabVIEW 8.0 Evaluation edition chart.

Chart is in strip mode, displayaing data from DAQmx Read, sampling rate is 1000 (so multiplier is set to 1/1000) , read samples rate is about 50 samples, everything is normal, but sometime the chart is not cleared regularly.. it is displaying 6 seconds of data, then is should clear itself automaticaly (strip mode)  and to display folloing data... and so on.. but SOMETIME without any rule, it does no clear itself but continuing to display data, one data over old, and after aother 6 seconds it clears it....

I repeat that THERE IS NO RULE in this behaviour so I am sure that there is no ERROR with my code...

When I want to display acquired and saved data on chart, I want to display it in same format 6 seconds of data at once (I have around 100seconds of data) , so I use chart with scroll bar, but there are some problems with display, display is not smooth, and jumps...

Is there any way to set-up scroll bar, some increment parameter ...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,605 Views)

I believe you mean your Waveform Chart is in Scope mode, not Strip mode, if you expect it to clear itself after filling the chart with data, then start over at the beginning.

You can make your graph less jumpy by turning off Y Autoscaling and instead setting the Y axis limits to something you wouldn't expect your acquisition levels to exceed.

If you have a VI which reproduces the intermittent behavior you are experiencing, please post it to the forum so that others can evaluate this behavior. Thanks!

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,583 Views)
    THAT EXACTLY is problem...

No autoscale, scope mode... but MOST important...

Sometime it is everything OK, and SOMETIME there is problem...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,575 Views)
Post a VI that demonstrates this problem, even if it doesn't happen all the time. I know you're using an "evaluation version," but the only difference is whether it's been activated or not. The LabVIEW code should be the same. Thanks!
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,564 Views)