LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strings in measurement file &

Solved!
Go to solution

I am measuring the Helium concentration inside a protective Mask relative to the concentration of the measuring cell (round 4%). To correctly calculate the fit factor of a mask the proband makes different head movements, such as nodding and shaking the head which is written down in the string.

While the setup works, there are a few things I have not figured out yet:

1)      The string input keeps adding up ending in something like “String1\0AString2\0AString3\0AString4”. How can I tell Labview to not add the strings

2)      I would like the vi. to ask for the path and filename not when the measurement starts, by activation of the Boolean switch named “Aufzeichnung”, but when the vi. is started

Labview Version 2011 32bit, German edition

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,366 Views)

Hi Dude,

2) In the File functions palette you will find functions to open a file dialog, so the user can select/input a filename/-path…

1) That's how the ExpressVI works. If it doesn't fit your needs: don't use it…

Option:

Only provide a comment string on the first write operation: detect rising edges of your write enable button and use them to select the comment string or an empty string.

Hint:

There's a German LabVIEW forum ( www.labviewforum.de )…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,346 Views)

I am aware of the "open/create file" funciton. But it does not generate an a datatype compatible with the express-vi and does not seem to allow creation of new files. Or did you mean something different?

But thanks for the link to the German forum, didn't even occur to me to google for German sites

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,327 Views)

Hi,

Can you not put that write to measurement file VI inside a case structure? when the case is true the VI will be called and it will ask that path and filename.

With Regards

Miraz
Kudos is better option to thank somebody on this forum
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,305 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SpiezLabDude

Hi Dude,

no, I meant the FileDialog function. It gives a path as output, compatible with your ExpressVI…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 5
(2,297 Views)